On the Mediterranean coast of Morocco, thousands of little flowers are harvested to create one of Young Living’s most rare and exotic essential oils. Also known as Moroccan Tansy, Blue Tansy essential oil’s rarity and complexity are part of its allure. Deep blue like the neighboring sea, this rich, sapphire-colored oil has been beloved for hundreds of years for its sweet, gentle aroma and skin-loving benefits. Today it’s best known for its use in luxury skincare products.
Although blue tansy is harvested from tiny yellow flowers in the chamomile family, the naturally occurring constituent chamazulene turns the powerfully premium Blue Tansy essential oil a beautifully rich blue color during the steam-distillation process.
Get to know Blue Tansy essential oil:
It has a floral yet herbaceous scent. What does Blue Tansy smell like? Classified as a floral oil, this azure oil boasts a complex aroma — a combination of sweet, fruity, and floral with a hint of herbaceousness.
It has a bright blue hue. Is Blue Tansy essential oil safe to use topically? You bet! But remember, this oil’s natural bright blue color can leave a bit of its hue behind. When in doubt, dilute. And always do a spot test before using Blue Tansy on skin, fabric, or other surfaces.
If you want to scent your linens with Blue Tansy oil, try this YL-tested DIY linen spray– we even tried it on a white cloth to ensure it won’t stain!
It’s your skin’s best friend. Cleansing, moisturizing, and soothing? Blue Tansy boasts it all! No wonder this cerulean superhero is a popular ingredient in luxury skincare and beauty products. Infuse your skincare routine with this royal blue oil and give your skin the royal treatment it deserves. In no time you’ll discover more gorgeous, glowing, radiant-looking skin!
Ready to use some Blue Tansy essential oil? Deep blue and downright amazing, here are five reasons why you need Blue Tansy essential oil in your essential oil collection:
1. Pamper parched skin. Add a drop or two to unscented lotion for extra hydration and a soft, floral aroma without the harsh ingredients found in many scented beauty products.
2. Boost your beauty rest. Take your night cream to the next level with a drop of Blue Tansy and wake up to luminous-looking skin. Speaking of rest, Blue Tansy can help with that, too! It’s great for soothing fatigued muscles when combined with Cool Azul essential oil blend and can be added to Relaxation™ massage oil to enjoy a moment of calm and serenity.
3. Give troubled skin some TLC. Combine Blue Tansy with ClaraDerm™ Cooling Spray to soothe dry, chapped and irritated skin. It’s also great for combining with Young Living’s BLOOM™ or ART® skincare products.
4. Schedule a steamy face-off. Indulge in a DIY steam facial featuring the cleansing properties of Blue Tansy. Another great choice: German Chamomile. The steam helps open pores and reduce the appearance of blemishes.
5. Enjoy a positivity pick-me-up. Diffuse Blue Tansy essential oil with Marjoram and Juniper when your attitude (or outlook) needs an upward adjustment. Diffusing Blue Tansy’s sweet, floral fragrance throughout your home can create an inviting, uplifting environment.
Ready to get started? If you’re applying Blue Tansy topically, apply 2−4 drops directly to the desired area. Dilution is not required, except for the most sensitive skin. To avoid staining clothing or skin, dilute with a moisturizer or carrier oil. Use as needed. Using in a diffuser? Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily. Enjoy!